Visitors to my page

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Young heroine in New Zealand saves a herd of whales


A young girl, aged 8, has just recently been spotted riding a whale. I, Shanarah Lee, for The New Zealander, have witnessed the dramatic story. "I felt like I was going to drown," says the young heroine, "but my head just kept popping back up again".

These past few weeks several beached wales have occupied the eastern shores of New Zealand's North Island. The brave young girl has prevented more of these devastating losses by leading the wales away from the shore. "I was doing it so my tribe would go on living," smiles Kahu.
The young Maori girl, Kahu saves the day

Several environmental spokespersons have already praised the girl in the media. "She is both brave and wise beyond her years," says Peter Savewhales. She has also been locally praised by her fellow Maori. "Kahu is truly the reborn Paikea." states chief Nuko. Paikea is a legend among the Maori, an ancient whale rider who rode along the coasts of New Zealand. However the legend of Kahu now threatens to outshine the old  legend of Paikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment